What is merchandising software?
Merchandising software is a retail data collection tool, which companies use to capture, aggregate, analyze and share retail data using personal computers and mobile devices.
What are the features of merchandising software?
The up-to-date merchandising software solutions provide companies with all the variety of tools required to manage merchandising activities in the field, including:
- Task building
- Territory management
- Mobile workforce tracking
What are the Benefits of Merchandising Software?
Merchandising software allows companies to manage merchandising activities using all-in-one easy-to-operate system without spreading data and being exposed to low-level details. In today’s changing business environment merchandising software is the essential tool for managers to make sure the proper level of stock is available and avoid out-of-stocks. If you are looking for the ways to streamline retail data collection and automate merchandising activities, merchandising software should deliver the following benefits:
- Increased productivity due to reduced data-collection time and no time spent on reporting, built-in instant photo reports, and route optimization.
- Eliminated paperwork – field data is fully synced between field teams and the office.
- Fraud prevention – time-tracking and geo-tagging features to target merchandising activities in the field.
How Merchandising Software Works?
- Field team manager develops task templates, assigns territories and tasks to merchandisers, and creates the schedule visits to retail locations.
- Merchandisers perform data collection tasks on their tablets and smartphones.
- Managers or supervisors monitor merchandisers live on the map, being able to see what activities are being performed and where.
- Managers or supervisors create reports to analyze the data collected in the field.
How to Choose the Right Merchandising Software Solution for Your Company?
To maximize the value of paperless retail data collection, look for comprehensive and easy-to-use merchandising applications that allow you to manage all the processes in one system. When choosing a merchandising software solution for your company, pay attention to the following technologies:
- SaaS (software-as-a-service) to avoid server and IT staff expenses
- BYOD (bring-your-own-device) to reduce hardware and staff training costs
- Offline capabilities to minimize data transfer costs
- Cloud service to reduce data storage costs to zero
VisitBasis Merchandising Software
VisitBasis provides the most complete set of tools to automate your merchandising activities in one great package. With all the features and opportunities listed above, VisitBasis allows streamlining data collection and analysis providing the following additional advantages:
- Visits and tasks can be scheduled by the office or on the mobile app.
- Field reps or office managers can optimize customer routes.
- Field reps have access to all data offline and can execute tasks without an Internet connection.
- Unlimited photos can be collected and uploaded to the office.
- Field reps can switch from one mobile device to another during the workday without losing any data.
- The number of mobile devices per user is unlimited.
Sign up today at www.visitbasis.com to get your free trial, or schedule a free live demo to see how VisitBasis merchandising software works.