Mobile data collection software brings considerable savings compared to the old pen-and-paper alternative. These savings include:
- Time: Filling forms and then transcribing them is time-consuming and tedious. Mobile data collection software not only allows reps to collect information on their smartphones or tablets but it also provides tools for optimizing forms and does away with transcribing.
- Personnel: As mentioned above, mobile data collection software eliminates data transcribing, meaning that the staff that used to be allocated to this tedious task can now perform other responsibilities.
- Paper: Eliminating paper forms and transitioning to mobile ones means getting rid of the huge volume and weigh that paperwork generates, along with the expense.
- Mileage and fuel: State-of-the-art mobile data collection software includes tools that allow field staff to calculate their shortest route for the day when visiting several locations.
- Time, again: Mobile data collection software not only streamlines the activity of data collection and transcribing, but it also makes it much more straightforward to run reports, translating in faster and more effective decision-making.