Retail auditing is a complex operation that requires a lot of planning from managers, since it means receiving information from many points of sale (PoS), sometimes thousands of miles away. Therefore, retail audit managers cannot afford to make the below costly mistakes:
- Not switching to a mobile retail audit system. Paper-based retail audits are clumsy, wasteful, and flat-out inefficient. By switching to a mobile retail audit system, companies will allow retail auditors and field reps to perform in-store activities electronically, increasing their efficiency, and immensely simplifying the reporting process. And save trees!
- Ignoring GPS. A mobile retail audit system with advanced GPS capabilities will give managers and supervisors the ability to track and monitor in-store activities in real time, while allowing auditors and reps to save time and fuel costs by calculating the shortest route for the day.
- Thinking that Internet access can be found everywhere. Cell phone companies try to make everybody believe that Internet access can be found everywhere, but that is not often the case. Therefore, it is very important that retail auditors and field reps are able to perform activities at the point of sale (PoS) even when they are offline, and that the mobile retail audit system synchronizes automatically once it goes online.
- Believing that big changes come with big costs. Companies tend to avoid making process upgrades because of the implementation costs involved. While some mobile retail audit systems require proprietary hardware, others are BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), working as an app in most smartphones and tablets. Additionally, the most cost-effective systems will charge a per-visit rate (instead of a yearly license or per user/month fee) eliminating issues due to auditor/rep turnover.
VisitBasis Retail Execution offers a way for management to be in the field at all times. It provides tools that help pinpoint potential threats to the success of retail strategies, such as fraudulent check-ins. VisitBasis is a complete system designed to build, schedule and monitor field team activities in real time, consisting on a mobile app where field reps perform in-store activities and a browser-based management interface.
VisitBasis features include:
- Visit planning and scheduling.
- Advanced task building, including photos, signatures, and more.
- GPS and time-stamping of all field activities. Route planning.
- CRM and product catalogue; mobile ordering.
- Works offline and synchronizes once mobile user goes online
To learn more about retail audit management register free at www.visitbasis.com or visit the links below.