Developing task forms for retail merchandising audits is considered to be a complicated task, especially when a company relies on time-consuming methods, like paper or Excel forms. Therefore companies often refuse to conduct merchandising audits internally, using a third party. The disadvantages of this option are the costs, poor cooperation between managers, loosing part of retail audit data, fraudulent reports, big time gaps between a store visit and appropriate company's actions.
Merchandising software allows companies to conduct merchandising audits on their own, saving time and money, and getting reliable, up-to-date data. VisitBasis merchandising software allows managers to quickly organize merchandising audits, monitor merchandising activities in the field, and easily analyze merchandising performance.
How to Organize a Merchandising Audit Using VisitBasis Merchandising Software?
- Set up audit forms. Use the VisitBasis sophisticated Task Builder to easily develop customizable audit forms. To make an electronic order form, you just have to create a task template, enter the actions, which have to be performed, and choose the proper type of answer (e.g. number, multiple choice, text, photo or electronic signature).
- Create the schedule of visits. After the task template is completed, you can just in few clicks create the schedule of visits for each field reps and easily assign retail audit tasks to particular reps. The information on the visits and tasks to be performed is instantly displayed in merchandisers’ mobile devices.
- Get the tasks performed. Empowered with a mobile app for merchandising, your field reps have mobile access to all the data on customers, products, history of retail visits, orders and returns, and are able to perform all the tasks using just their tablets and smartphones.
- Monitor merchandising activities. As merchandising audits are being performed, all the data collected is transferred to corporate database, and is available to managers. VisitBasis merchandising software allows getting time-stamped and GPS-confirmed data from merchandisers, including their routes for the workday, time spent on traveling between locations and performing each task, and more.
- Analyze merchandising performance. Information-rich charts at a touch of a button make VisitBasis the go-to solution for merchandising audits. VisitBasis merchandising software allows compiling and analyzing large amounts of data, making the reporting process a breeze.
Today the option of in-house merchandising audits is more affordable than ever: you can get your merchandising software completely free to start merchandising automation free of charge, at no risk.